NEMBUTAL LIQUID™ FOR ORAL DOSE
Pentobarbital Sodium Oral Solution
Nembutal oral liquid is the form of Nembutal barbiturate that is nonselective central nervous system depressants which are primarily used as sedative-hypnotics and also anticonvulsants in sub hypnotic doses. The barbiturates and their sodium salts are subject to control under the Federal Controlled Substances Act. The sodium salts of amobarbital, pentobarbital, phenobarbital, and secobarbital are available as sterile parenteral solutions.
Barbiturates are substituted pyrimidine derivatives in which the basic structure common to these drugs is barbituric acid, a substance that has no central nervous system (CNS) activity. CNS activity obtains by substituting alkyl, alkenyl, or aryl groups on the pyrimidine ring. NEMBUTAL Sodium Solution is a sterile solution for oral consumption. Each ml contains pentobarbital sodium 50 mg, in a vehicle of propylene glycol, 40%, alcohol, 10%, and water for injection, to volume. The pH should adjust to approximately 9.5 with hydrochloric acid and/or sodium hydroxide.
PACK SIZES OF NEMBUTAL LIQUID ORAL SOLUTION
Nembutal Liquid has available in sizes of 20ml, 50ml, 100ml, and 250ml at our Nembutal Shop. Each ml contains pentobarbital sodium 50 mg,100 mg, or 250 mg (lethal dose).
DOSAGE TO DEATH
It has learned that after injecting 50 grams of either or lethal dose pentobarbital or secobarbital; death generally occurs within two hours maximum.
INDICATIONS OF NEMBUTAL LIQUID
- Hypnotics, for the short-term treatment of insomnia, since they appear to lose their effectiveness for sleep induction and sleep maintenance after 2 weeks (See “CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY” section).
- Anticonvulsant, in anesthetic doses, in the emergency control of certain acute convulsive episodes, e.g., those associated with status epilepticus, cholera, eclampsia, meningitis, tetanus, and toxic reactions to strychnine or local anesthetics.
The following side effects were compiled from the surveillance of thousands of hospitalized patients while using Pentobarbital Nembutal Oral Liquid Solution:
- Respiratory system: Such as Hypoventilation, apnea.
- Nervous system: Such as Agitation, confusion, hyperkinesia, ataxia, CNS depression, nightmares, nervousness, psychiatric disturbance, hallucinations, insomnia, anxiety, dizziness, thinking abnormality.
- Cardiovascular system: Such as Bradycardia, hypotension, syncope.
- Other reported reactions: Such as Headache, injection site reactions, hypersensitivity reactions (angioedema, skin rashes, exfoliative dermatitis), fever, liver damage, megaloblastic anemia following chronic phenobarbital use.
- Digestive system: Such as Nausea, vomiting, constipation.